Writers are perceived in many ways. Here are some myths about writers that are not true!
- Writers are Eccentric – some call it being reclusive and odd — yet it could merely be peculiar habits that help the writing process. People look for inspiration in different ways, and writers may have a unique way of looking at things.
- Writers hate Deadlines — well, who does not? While writing is a personal endeavour, deadlines are essential to keep on track of a project — mainly if the project is in collaboration with others. Writers respect this immensely.
- Writers are Hermits — while famed authors like Emily Dickinson have lent credence to this myth, most writers are social beings — though they enjoy solitude while writing — they have active social lives and meeting new people is an integral part of their learning curve.
- Writers are Grammar Nazis – while it is good to have sound grammar — most writers do struggle with spelling and grammar. They hone their skills with writing regularly and learning from their mistakes.
- Writers wait for Inspiration — this is not exactly true — if they wait around for inspiration to turn up — the writing will never start and end. What they do instead is put words on paper — no matter how hard it is. As Ernest Hemmingway said “There is no rule on how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly; sometimes it’s like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges.”
About WriteHaus Asia
WriteHaus Asia is a Singapore based branding and content agency. Founded in 2016, we believe in accelerating brands through content, video/photography, digital media and branding.
For more information on what we do, please call us at (+65) 8100-7064 or (+65) 9488-2725. Alternatively you may also drop us an email with your queries at email@example.com.
I just wanted to compose a brief message to be able to say thanks to you for these superb tricks you are giving out at this site. My time intensive internet lookup has at the end of the day been rewarded with good details to share with my family and friends. I ‘d say that many of us visitors are quite blessed to be in a good site with so many special people with helpful tips. I feel extremely blessed to have encountered your entire web pages and look forward to tons of more fabulous times reading here. Thanks a lot once again for a lot of things.